Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iCloud Backup

I lost all my WhatsApp conversations history and had no WhatsApp backup.

But I have an iCloud Backup from July 28th. Can I recover WhatsApp data from this backup? If yes how can I do that?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 3:45 PM

ebahia wrote:

That’s true!!!!!
I tried to restore from the iCloud backup and nothing from WhatsApp was restored to my iPhone.
Thank you for answering me.
I have another question. I would like to download a copy of my photos from the iPhone 11 Pro to my Windows notebook or to any other media I could backup them, except Mac photos. I don’t have a Mac computer.

Can you help me ? Thanks in advance.

You can import the pics to your pc Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

An app I use is google photos, once the photos is backed up there, I can delete it from my phone and access it from said app.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2023 3:45 PM in response to ebahia

ebahia wrote:

That’s true!!!!!
I tried to restore from the iCloud backup and nothing from WhatsApp was restored to my iPhone.
I have another question. I would like to download a copy of my photos from the iPhone 11 Pro to my Windows notebook or to any other media I could backup them, except Mac photos. I don’t have a Mac computer.

You can import the pics to your pc Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

An app I use is google photos, once the photos is backed up there, I can delete it from my phone and access it from said app.

Aug 4, 2023 3:36 PM in response to razmee209

That’s true!!!!!

iCloud Backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.