Why can’t I use my gift card?

I just bought a new iPad and also got a gift card (special offer) with my purchase. I can’t seem to get it to work on the Apple website to buy actual products like an apple pencil. On the email I received I tapped “redeem gift card” and the money went into some account on appstore. Can i only purchase apps with the gift card?

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 6:40 AM

This article explains the different kinds of gift cards Apple uses and has links on how to redeem them and what can be purchased with each kind. Click on the link --> What type of gift card do I have? - What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support

This document outlines what you can buy with your Apple ID [Apple Account] balance --> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 6:40 AM in response to siri242

This article explains the different kinds of gift cards Apple uses and has links on how to redeem them and what can be purchased with each kind. Click on the link --> What type of gift card do I have? - What type of gift card do I have? - Apple Support

This document outlines what you can buy with your Apple ID [Apple Account] balance --> What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

Why can’t I use my gift card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.