Trojan Virus: Apple - Security Warning with a toll free number

For your info:

With a Fake warning Audio Message saying:

Important Security Message: Your computer has been locked up, your computer has been locked up. Your IP address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit websites that contains identity theft virus. To unlock the computer, please call support immediately. Please do not attempt to shut down or restart your computer, doing that may lead to data loss and identity theft. The computer lock is aimed to stop illegal activity. Please call our support immediately.

with a Contact Apple Support (Toll-Free) Number ****

This looks like a chatgpt generated message repeated by a trojan virus

[Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 2:21 PM

All such messages are scams presented by criminals. Do not call the number. Do not interact with the message or the sender. Do not download anything based on such bogus messages. Close the offending page and avoid sites that are involved in such bogus advertising tactics.

Phony "tech support" / "ransomware" popup… - Apple Community

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2023 2:21 PM in response to Mike A. Rivas

All such messages are scams presented by criminals. Do not call the number. Do not interact with the message or the sender. Do not download anything based on such bogus messages. Close the offending page and avoid sites that are involved in such bogus advertising tactics.

Mar 26, 2024 9:27 AM in response to bcollins77

Jan 31, 2024 7:20 AM in response to Mike A. Rivas

I had the same message repeat over and over and I actually called the number and realized that the person that answered wasn’t legit and hung up the phone. I deleted all of the security information from my iPad and checked out actual Apple support and found that others got the same fake message. My question is was any of my information breached while I was looking for Apple support?

Trojan Virus: Apple - Security Warning with a toll free number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.