Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

When does iCloud backup

When does it back up, how many times a day, and can I change it?

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 1:04 PM

johnthehillboy Said:

"When does iCloud backup: Thanks but I need a little more info. How do I figure out if I can schedule it.[…]

———-

Scheduling Device-to-iCloud Backups:

You can’t. What your are looking to perform is not an option. Your only option is to back up iCloud automatically. There are a free requirements (i.e. presets)that must be met to make this occur.

About Performing the Backups:

1. Go Here: How to Back Up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Automatically back up with iCloud Backup
  3. See the requirements***

***Screenshot:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2023 1:04 PM in response to johnthehillboy

johnthehillboy Said:

"When does iCloud backup: Thanks but I need a little more info. How do I figure out if I can schedule it.[…]

———-

You can’t. What your are looking to perform is not an option. Your only option is to back up iCloud automatically. There are a free requirements (i.e. presets)that must be met to make this occur.

About Performing the Backups:

1. Go Here: How to Back Up your iPhone or iPad with iCloud - Apple Support
  2. Scroll to: Automatically back up with iCloud Backup
  3. See the requirements***

***Screenshot:

Aug 4, 2023 1:05 PM in response to johnthehillboy

johnthehillboy Said:

———-

Recommend this to Apple:

Being not an option, recommend this to AppleApple won't get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what their customers prefer, and what features to include in iOSversions to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Feature Request" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that you want this to be an option and why. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Aug 3, 2023 6:16 PM in response to johnthehillboy

johnthehillboy Said:

"When does iCloud backup: When does it back up, how many times a day, and can I change it?"

-------

Backing Up to iCloud:

That depends on if you can schedule it to do so. As fro the other way around (downloading all of iCloud), perform my User Tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

Aug 4, 2023 8:05 AM in response to TheLittles

Thanks but I need a little more info. How do I figure out if I can schedule it. My issue is doing work on my I pad does not transfer it to my phone. I go to look for something on my phone and it is not there. To get it I have to force it to do so which: 1- requires cellular data 2-takes forever or not at all if I am not in an area with fantastic connectivity

thanks again

When does iCloud backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.