my gift card is 10-500 the gift card inside says 100 and i cant redeem it

i bought it for 30$

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 7:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 8:53 PM

isdj_ Said:

"my gift card is 10-500 the gift card inside says 100 and i cant redeem it i bought it for 30$"

-------

This seems too good of a deal. So, it seems you were scammed (though, as full assumption, on my part).

Avoiding Gift Card Scams:

A. Contact the Seller.

Whomever the seller is, ask them for a refund.

B. Where was the Purchased?

• Online?:

If this was purchased online (i.e. eBay) then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be accountable and if you can get your money back.

• In-Person?:

If this as purchased in person, then there may be nothing you can do but contact them, asking for your monkey back.

Or...

• A Retailer?:

If purchased at a retailer, take it back, asking what your options are for return. Gift Card return policies vary by rules of law. So, take to the Manager, asking if you can get a new card.

C. Avoiding Scams:

In all recommend getting it at a retailer - that way you can easily avoid scams. Getting it online might result in scams (and plenty are reported).

Go Here: Recognize and Avoid Phishing Messages, Phony Support Calls, and Other Scams - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2023 8:53 PM in response to isdj_

isdj_ Said:

"my gift card is 10-500 the gift card inside says 100 and i cant redeem it i bought it for 30$"

-------

This seems too good of a deal. So, it seems you were scammed (though, as full assumption, on my part).

Avoiding Gift Card Scams:

A. Contact the Seller.

Whomever the seller is, ask them for a refund.

B. Where was the Purchased?

• Online?:

If this was purchased online (i.e. eBay) then contact the site, seeing if the seller can be accountable and if you can get your money back.

• In-Person?:

If this as purchased in person, then there may be nothing you can do but contact them, asking for your monkey back.

Or...

• A Retailer?:

If purchased at a retailer, take it back, asking what your options are for return. Gift Card return policies vary by rules of law. So, take to the Manager, asking if you can get a new card.

C. Avoiding Scams:

In all recommend getting it at a retailer - that way you can easily avoid scams. Getting it online might result in scams (and plenty are reported).

Go Here: Recognize and Avoid Phishing Messages, Phony Support Calls, and Other Scams - Apple Support

Aug 3, 2023 8:43 PM in response to isdj_

So the packaging of the gift card is $10-$500 and the gift card inside was $100 and you purchased it for $30? Did the gift card look tampered with before you purchased it ? If so you might need to take it back to where you got it to see if they can exchange it or give you a refund. If they refuse you can get their corporate number and give them a call and explained what happened. Also contact Apple Support to see if there is anything they can do but I wouldn’t get my hopes up. If it’s been redeemed there is nothing they can do. In that case if you purchased it with a debit or credit card you could try to dispute it through the bank but hopefully I hope someone is able to take care of that issue for you. If not then for future reference I would only purchase a gift card online at Apple.com or on the Apple Store app it’s the safest way. There are too many scams going on with these gift cards nowadays.

my gift card is 10-500 the gift card inside says 100 and i cant redeem it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.