Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How to transfer subscriptions between two Apple IDs?

I had to get a new phone and I have subscriptions on one of them. I had to get a new Apple ID as well. I would like to transfer my subscriptions that I have on my other Apple ID.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 3, 2023 10:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 1:11 AM

I had to get a new Apple ID as well.

Why a new Apple ID?

Use the same Apple ID, then the subscriptions will automatically be transferred to your new iPhone.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

See the following Apple articles

Sign in with your Apple ID -> Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage and use your Apple ID -> Manage and use your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2023 1:11 AM in response to Chesh63

I had to get a new Apple ID as well.

Why a new Apple ID?

Use the same Apple ID, then the subscriptions will automatically be transferred to your new iPhone.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

See the following Apple articles

Sign in with your Apple ID -> Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Manage and use your Apple ID -> Manage and use your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

Apr 22, 2024 10:54 PM in response to Chesh63

I can explain the use case: I started a new job, the company policy requires using a corporate mobile device (no BYOD) they manage with MDM and require creating a corporate Apple ID with the company email address. It is ok to use the device for personal stuff, too. I have a few personal subscriptions I'd like to use on my corporate device.

Apparently, this is not possible. Either I buy these subscriptions again and lose money or I stick with two devices. Both inconvenient solutions.

How to transfer subscriptions between two Apple IDs?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.