Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Is it good to add an anti-glare cover on MBP 15 screen?

I've been using matte laptop screens with Windows for a long time. In the MBP I can feel the reflections, however slight they are. Also, I feel the backlight. Here I make the screen light around 50% or less. I am a bit sceptical on anti-glare screen covers. I am worried it might damage screen in the long run. I've seen people putting protective covers on their iPhones, though. Any advice on this?

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 2:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 7:25 AM

chdsl wrote:

Yes, I have eye problems. But, what I wanted to know is whether such anti-glare protective films might damage the screen or not?

Do not place anything between the display and the keyboard. If the film has any thickness it will damage the computer. And, if the film has adhesive on it it will damage the screen.

Using a camera cover, palm rest, or keyboard cover on a Mac notebook - Apple Support

You might look into removable glare shields to see if these will work for you.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2023 7:25 AM in response to chdsl

chdsl wrote:

Yes, I have eye problems. But, what I wanted to know is whether such anti-glare protective films might damage the screen or not?

Do not place anything between the display and the keyboard. If the film has any thickness it will damage the computer. And, if the film has adhesive on it it will damage the screen.

Using a camera cover, palm rest, or keyboard cover on a Mac notebook - Apple Support

You might look into removable glare shields to see if these will work for you.

Is it good to add an anti-glare cover on MBP 15 screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.