Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

homekit geofence

The geofence radius in the homekit app is too small for when you use the “Home” location. If you change to the physical address of the home then it removes the ability to say “when the last person leaves”. Is there a fix for this? The radius for “Home” needs to be able to be expanded. Especially when using to control a thermostat and you want to either start cooling or warming the house when you’re a number of miles away, *not* when your 330 ft away. This needs to be addressed and I am surprised it has not been up to this point.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2024 3:58 AM

Really? It's working for me! I have an automation based on 'When I'm leaving Madrid's community, execute 'Far away Home' scene'.. and it's working perfectly.

Similar questions

8 replies

Feb 18, 2024 2:34 PM in response to Cglynn67

I absolutely agree. Geofencing is central to home automation and having it fixed at 330 feet is worthless for a large percentage of home automation scenarios. Apple should either allow it to be adjusted (e.g., in Settings), or allow users to create their own geofences that are visible to automation. Hopefully, somebody in the Product Management team for this app will wake up and listen to the user community.

(On a personal note, sadly, I think the Home app is well below Apple's quality in terms of user experience - it feels half-baked, almost as if Apple felt the need to get something in the HA scene, and then used a bunch of college kids to cobble something together.)

homekit geofence

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.