Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

What if you don't know who your recovery contact is or even if you set up one?

I had to have a repair on my phone where they replaced the guts of the phone and ever since then it is screwed up. I cannot retrieve my icloud keychain and text messages. My phone wants me to verify it. I am unable to "verify" my phone because I do not know who my recovery contact is or if I even set up one. So because I cannot verify it, I can't even add a recovery contact. HELP! I don't want to have to reset the encrypted data lose it.

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 1:46 PM

From Help a friend or family member as their account recovery contact - Apple Support

1. Go to Settings

2. Select Password & Security

3. Select Account Recovery or Recovery Assistance

She if somebody is listed

3 replies

Aug 9, 2023 10:04 AM in response to falcondawn

If an app or feature on your device is not working, not appearing, or is restricted (grayed out), it may have been disabled using Screen Time, or by an IT administrator if you are using a device owned by an employer or educational institution.

- Read this support article If your Apple ID or other options are greyed out in Settings —> If your Apple ID is greyed out in Settings - Apple Support

Tap Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy > scroll to Allow Changes.

- If the device is managed (Settings > General > VPN & Device Management), contact the IT department that is doing the managing.

If you still have questions or problems:

Refer to this document for ways to contact Apple ➞ Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

Select your country (also look for "other" regions), then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

Contact Apple for support and service by telephone ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

What if you don't know who your recovery contact is or even if you set up one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.