How can I extend my Apple Watch 5 battery life?

My watch battery is drained within 1/2 day when it was lasting all day before. Are there apps I can turn off, or is a new battery required?

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2023 2:33 PM

Hi there,

See some tips about maximizing your Apple Watch and other Apple devices battery performances here: Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

3 replies

Aug 4, 2023 2:41 PM in response to Technotrouble

On Watch… Settings > Battery > Battery Health will probably show degradation.

As a workaround, I’ve disabled the always-on display, and switched to raise-to-wake display.

This has allowed once-a-day charging, and allowed continued use of full-power mode.

Battery replacement or Watch replacement is to be expected, though,

This approach is obviously different from the previously-linked Apple Support document.

Aug 4, 2023 5:48 PM in response to Technotrouble

Going forward.

Charge your Apple Watch every day (most users put it on the charger while they are sleeping), but if you do sleep monitoring, then charge it while getting ready for bed, and charge it again while getting up and ready in the morning.

DO NOT let the battery level approach zero. In other words try to stay out of the "Red" battery levels. Constantly draining the Apple Watch battery to near zero is one of the fastest ways to degrade any Li-Ion battery.

Follow the tips Remi_202DC provided. Also Goggle "extending apple watch battery life" and you will likely find several articles about ways to extend the life of your Apple Watch battery.

How can I extend my Apple Watch 5 battery life?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.