Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Cannot remove Apple ID from iPad

I have 2 different apple ID's on my iPad. The one for iCloud is the one I can't access. The iPad was gifted to me by my aunt and she can't remember the password for her email nor can she remember the password of the apple ID, so I cannot access either one. I want to remove the iCloud apple ID and replace it with the other apple ID that I have access to. For the life of me, I can't figure out how. Please, please help :((

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 7:11 AM

Each Apple device is linked/associated with an Apple ID of the person who did the setup.

Activation Lock prevents anyone who is not the owner from using this iPad.

To unlock the Pad, you need the Apple ID and password of the previous owner, that were used during set up.

So you have to contact the previous owner.

The your aunt has to read -> this Apple article: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then she has to remove the iPad from her account, see this Apple article:

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

Then you can sign in with your own Apple ID.

See the following Apple articles:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to remove Activation Lock -> How to remove Activation Lock – Apple Support (UK)

Read this before you use a 2nd hand iPad.

You can also contact Apple support for help, -> Get Support (apple.com)

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

See also -> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device

Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device – Apple Support (UK)

-----

she can't remember the password for her email nor can she remember the password of the apple ID,

Ask If your aunt to read ⤵️

See -> If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

Have you forgotten your Apple ID?, Check your Apple ID via your email box, see this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID

If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support                  

OR see -> Having trouble signing in?

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Have you forgotten your Apple ID password? -> See this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID password

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2023 7:11 AM in response to Laurasunflower

Each Apple device is linked/associated with an Apple ID of the person who did the setup.

Activation Lock prevents anyone who is not the owner from using this iPad.

To unlock the Pad, you need the Apple ID and password of the previous owner, that were used during set up.

So you have to contact the previous owner.

The your aunt has to read -> this Apple article: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch -> What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Then she has to remove the iPad from her account, see this Apple article:

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

Then you can sign in with your own Apple ID.

See the following Apple articles:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

How to remove Activation Lock -> How to remove Activation Lock – Apple Support (UK)

Read this before you use a 2nd hand iPad.

You can also contact Apple support for help, -> Get Support (apple.com)

You have to show proof of ownership of your product, provide all documentation showing your purchase of the device.

If you do not have additional proof of ownership, contact the reseller. They may be able to provide the original purchase document.

Once Apple receive your proof of ownership, Apple will further review your request and provide an update.

See also -> Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device

Keep your receipt after you buy an Apple device – Apple Support (UK)

-----

she can't remember the password for her email nor can she remember the password of the apple ID,

Ask If your aunt to read ⤵️

See -> If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud

If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

Have you forgotten your Apple ID?, Check your Apple ID via your email box, see this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID

If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support                  

OR see -> Having trouble signing in?

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Have you forgotten your Apple ID password? -> See this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID password

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Then see this Apple article: What to do after you change your Apple ID or password

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

Cannot remove Apple ID from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.