Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Related Article: Apple security releases

How do I know if my iPhone is hacked?

How do I know if my phone is being hacked? I just received a message saying it is being hacked. Is this possible

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 7:18 AM

Those are common messages and are all scams. Apple will never send you a message that specifically says your phone is being hacked. Some of those messages even provide a phone number that claims it is for Apple Support, but you will only be calling a person that wants your Apple ID and Password to lock you out of your device. In other messages they may want you to download some fake software claiming to fix your issue, but will only give you more problems.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2023 7:18 AM in response to Pgowan

Those are common messages and are all scams. Apple will never send you a message that specifically says your phone is being hacked. Some of those messages even provide a phone number that claims it is for Apple Support, but you will only be calling a person that wants your Apple ID and Password to lock you out of your device. In other messages they may want you to download some fake software claiming to fix your issue, but will only give you more problems.

Aug 5, 2023 7:19 AM in response to Pgowan

Your phone is not hacked unless you let someone use it for a an hour or so and also provided them with your Apple ID and Password.

Otherwise, the message that you see is not from Apple. It is a scam that is trying to trick you into buying useless software or tapping on a link that will ask for personal information.

Delete the message and any others that you might receive.

How do I know if my iPhone is hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.