Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Cannot restore purchase, even though I am on the same Apple ID where I bought it.

I got a "new" iPad mini for my autistic son because his old iPad Air 2 is starting to act up and won't charge. He LOVES (needs, really) Spaceflight Simulator, which he plays constantly on his older iPad. I just bought the app's full add-on pack on June 20, 2023, using the same Apple ID I'm logged into the new iPad with right now, but every single time I try to restore my purchase, a popup window appears and says "This item was purchased by a different Apple ID. Sign in with that Apple ID and try again." I've been in this loop for over an hour, logging in, verifying from my phone, trying again and failing, logging out, logging back in, etc. It's maddening!!! Please help. My son really needs a reliable iPad for a road trip we're about to take in a few days.

I can see the purchase for "Full Bundle" on June 20, 2023

[Edited by Moderator]

iPad mini 4

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 8:32 AM

Thank you for responding; unfortunately I did that about 10 times which was why it was so frustrating.

Fortunately, I did manage to solve it — I was so much at my wits end, I decided to purchase it again, and only THEN did it give a popup saying "You already bought this - do you want it again for free?" and NOW the purchase is restored.

This is really an unacceptable setup for a company (Apple) who designs their products to have only a few years' shelf life though.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 8:32 AM in response to JessS19

Thank you for responding; unfortunately I did that about 10 times which was why it was so frustrating.

Fortunately, I did manage to solve it — I was so much at my wits end, I decided to purchase it again, and only THEN did it give a popup saying "You already bought this - do you want it again for free?" and NOW the purchase is restored.

This is really an unacceptable setup for a company (Apple) who designs their products to have only a few years' shelf life though.

Cannot restore purchase, even though I am on the same Apple ID where I bought it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.