Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notifications saying Virus Detected, iCloud is being hacked, Mac OS infected!

While looking up a local story a box showed asking to prove I was not a robot. Ever since I have received at least 6-7 notifications stating different scary messages such as MacOS Virus Detected, Gmail alert:Account has been hacked Your data may be stolen! Delete virus, or Your iCloud is being hacked! Click here to remove the virus. How do I get rid of these bogus warnings? I have a 2017 MacBookAir, OS Monterey 12.6.8

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2023 7:53 PM

This same thing happened to me. Exact same website. Did it turn out that you were hacked or had a virus?

7 replies

Aug 5, 2023 7:26 PM in response to carolynjo14

carolynjo14 wrote:

Ok, I did what you said..I hope my computer isn't infected already.

No. It’s fine. The only way to get malware on a Mac is to install it on purpose, to win a prize, watch a movie for free, or use an expensive app for free. Any you’ll have to purposefully bypass multiple layers of Apple security protection. If you haven’t done any of that, then you don’t have anything to worry about.

Aug 5, 2023 5:26 PM in response to etresoft

Ok, I did what you said..I hope my computer isn't infected already. The site I was tying to look at had this "Human verification" I'm not a robot...& I had clicked on it. My search history has a weird link that I did not know about until I looked back on my history. https://freshsubz.com/redirect/e...&sub3=&sub4=&sub5=This is all I could see besides this ...

Notifications saying Virus Detected, iCloud is being hacked, Mac OS infected!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.