Shortcut automation does not have the option "Ask Before Running"

I have created an automation based on location information to turn on WLAN in an area.

In contrast to other automations I have, it does not have the option "Ask Before Running". So when I arrive at the location iPhone prompts for confirmation.

How can I disable asking confirmation for such an automation?

Model Name: iPhone 13

iOS version: 16.6

Thanks

iPhone 6s

Posted on Aug 5, 2023 10:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 12:52 AM

This is not called automation anymore.

Also, it does not guarantee the security as it can be confirmed on a locked screen and run. strange!

It could be much more convenient to make it up to users to decide about requesting approvals.

2 replies

Aug 5, 2023 11:06 PM in response to aschkant

When you run an automation in the Shortcuts app on your iPhone, it may require approval from the user before it can be executed. This is a security feature that is designed to prevent unauthorized access to your device or sensitive data.

Ask Before Running may not be available in these cases...

In particular, when an automation involves accessing or modifying sensitive data, such as your contacts, location, or camera, health data, Home App the Shortcuts app will prompt you for approval before allowing the automation to proceed. This helps to ensure that you are aware of what the automation is doing and have the opportunity to approve or deny access to your data.

Additionally, if an automation is triggered by a shortcut that has the "Ask Before Running" option enabled, you will be prompted to confirm that you want to run the automation before it is executed. This can help prevent accidental or unintended actions from being performed by the automation.

Overall, the approval process for running an automation is an important security feature that helps to ensure that your data and device are protected from unauthorized access or misuse.

Shortcut automation does not have the option "Ask Before Running"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.