Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

My mac won't let me turn SIP back on again. What can I do?

I am trying to turn system integrity protection back on but it fires an error saying"csrutil: failed to update security configuration for Macintosh HD: The signing server declined the personalization request." My macos is updated to 13.4 so i know that is not a problem and I haven't dowloaded any third party boot loaders either. Can someone please help me fix this issue?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 12:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 12:58 AM

It initially appears to me that you may have changed some of the Security Setting on the Startup Disk

Suggest with the computer still in the SIP Off State to review the present Security Setting for the "Macintosh HD "

Below Apple Article on this matter can be found in the below link

Change security settings on the startup disk of a Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support (CA)

Once all the setting are put to Default - try again to Enable SIP

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2023 12:58 AM in response to Sh1vraj

It initially appears to me that you may have changed some of the Security Setting on the Startup Disk

Suggest with the computer still in the SIP Off State to review the present Security Setting for the "Macintosh HD "

Below Apple Article on this matter can be found in the below link

Change security settings on the startup disk of a Mac with Apple silicon - Apple Support (CA)

Once all the setting are put to Default - try again to Enable SIP

Aug 7, 2023 6:46 AM in response to Randall_2023

This is intended Only as a friendly observation

OP appears to has been successful in turned Off SIP.

OP wrote " I am trying to turn system integrity protection back on but it fires an error saying"csrutil: failed to update security configuration for Macintosh HD: The signing server declined the personalization request."

It would be reasonable to believe OP has that level knowledge so would it reasonable to infer they also have the where with all to Turn it back ON ?

The issue appears be more than just turn ON SIP

My mac won't let me turn SIP back on again. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.