Fake AirPods Pro which all features work. How is it possible?

Guys, I bought an AirPods Pro(second hand/used product), but if we look at the microphone quality, it is a fake. But all features are working. Even the “support” and “find” features are working. How is it possible? How can Apple allow the exact copying of its interface and the use of idiosyncratic features like support, find, etc.!

And now, what should I do? If I go to Apple Genius Bar, are they change my product?

Please watch Youtbe video.

https://youtu.be/-TPS04qi7lo

AirPods Pro

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 12:52 PM

Hi Sparks0829, thank you so much for your answer. I'm grateful.

I examined the links that you wrote. To be honest, there is very little information to identify AirPods. So, it was impossible that I can understand my AirPods Pro was fake. Because this product was meet all hardware requirements such as serial-model number etc. Also, if you looked at my video, you would see that my product meets all the software requirements.

But especially my question is this: Why does Apple permit fake AirPods like this? They work like the original AirPods Pro. It is impossible that the average customer can understand the distinction between real and fake. By the way, I have 10+ Apple products, I'm not an average customer, but even I couldn't understand.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 12:52 PM in response to Sparks0829

Hi Sparks0829, thank you so much for your answer. I'm grateful.

I examined the links that you wrote. To be honest, there is very little information to identify AirPods. So, it was impossible that I can understand my AirPods Pro was fake. Because this product was meet all hardware requirements such as serial-model number etc. Also, if you looked at my video, you would see that my product meets all the software requirements.

But especially my question is this: Why does Apple permit fake AirPods like this? They work like the original AirPods Pro. It is impossible that the average customer can understand the distinction between real and fake. By the way, I have 10+ Apple products, I'm not an average customer, but even I couldn't understand.

Aug 7, 2023 11:55 AM in response to erhakan

Hi there erhakan,

Apple will not exchange or replace a product that you didn't purchase from them directly. If you believe your AirPods are fake, you can report it here: Apple - Legal - Counterfeit Questions

In the future, you'll want to double-check to be sure a product is genuine before purchasing it. Learn more about how to identify AirPods here: Identify your AirPods - Apple Support

Take care.

Aug 7, 2023 1:56 PM in response to erhakan

erhakan,

For concerns regarding the AirPods being illegitimate you may try reaching out to the original point of sale for them to explore any available options.

When connecting AirPods that couldn't be verified as being genuine to a device using a recent iOS version you may encounter an alert as seen here: If you get a 'Cannot Verify AirPods' alert - Apple Support

You can choose to not connect your unverified AirPods, or to connect them in Bluetooth settings. If you connect your unverified AirPods, they may not behave as expected.
For more information, contact the place of purchase.

Cheers.

Nov 23, 2023 1:21 AM in response to Eric_G1

I just wrote a reply to this message similar to the one below and my comment was automatically deleted. Why do you delete Apple consumers' problems instead of listening to them? I'm writing again:

Thank you for your answer Eric_G1

As you can see in the video, these Airpods are fake, but all the features work just like the original Airpods. I own dozens of Apple products, I know enough to recognize fakes. But I couldn't recognize this product. What you're saying is standard procedure. I went to Apple Premium Reseller and they wouldn't process it because it was a fake. And Apple should actually give me new Airpods because people trust the brand. I can't believe that Apple allows so much copying and counterfeiting. I can't imagine ever buying Apple's ancillary products other than iPhone and Mac again.

Nov 22, 2023 2:19 AM in response to Eric_G1

My nephew recently got me 4 boxes of 'AirPods Pro II' for my family and me, perfect for Christmas gifts. Given the price (50€ each), I asked him if they were counterfeits or not, and he assured me they were genuine Apple products. Everything is perfect just like in your video, it's amazing! The only thing missing in the software is the 'conversation awareness' option.

Another point that worried me is that all the boxes had the same serial number! I obviously called Apple support to verify the authenticity of the earphones, and apart from the fact that the serial number should not be duplicated and that genuine earphones should no longer be in circulation (there was a standard exchange with the support apparently), they could not confirm to me whether they are fakes or not...

I find this incredible, and under the laws in force in France, I am criminally responsible if I possess counterfeits

Nov 23, 2023 1:17 AM in response to OverTheCloud

I'm sorry you're having the same problem, OverTheCloud. Counterfeit products are all over the world. And Apple allows it. They even allow these fakes to show up in their own apps, Find and Support. What else can I do as a consumer but rely on the Apple interface to know if a product is fake or not? And on my Airpods, all the features look exactly like the original Airpods.

Mar 15, 2024 5:46 PM in response to erhakan

I went to Apple Genius Bar and was told my AirPods Pro are fake (which I bought from someone brand new). My AirPods Pro works with all features and even came with a 6-month subscription to Apple music. How come my Apple ID connection CANNOT DETECT fake products as the genius system can?

How Apple can continue to claim they’re NOT complice or complaisant about its rampant counterfeit problems. The Apple technician said my serial number was reported for repair more than 300 times!

Mar 15, 2024 6:06 PM in response to erhakan

I went to Apple Genius Bar and was told my AirPods Pro are fake (which I bought from someone brand new). My AirPods Pro works with all features and even came with a 6-month subscription to Apple music. How come my Apple ID connection CANNOT DETECT fake products as the Genius Bar system can?

How Apple can continue to claim they’re NOT complice or complaisant about its rampant counterfeit problems. The Apple technician said my serial number was reported for repair more than 300 times!

Fake AirPods Pro which all features work. How is it possible?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.