You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

watchOS 11 is now available

Introducing sleep apnea notifications, the Vitals app, training load, additional customization for Activity rings, a more personalized Smart Stack, and more. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use Ultra watch without cellular?

I want To get the ultra but only if I dont Have to use the cellular part.

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 2:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 2:57 PM

You don’t need a cellular plan, and Watch will provide all functions—except cellular access—when operating without a plan. Watch will be able to initiate and answer calls via the iPhone, when within Bluetooth range of the paired iPhone, too.

6 replies

Aug 6, 2023 2:57 PM in response to yera256

Yes, any cellular model of Apple Watch can be used without setting up Cellular connections.

The watch will behave like the corresponding GPS-only version when in range to the paired iPhone. In other words, it will work exactly as normal because that is the default mode for Apple Watch. All you won't have is the standalone cellular that is only used if your iPhone is out of range.

Jun 10, 2024 5:50 PM in response to Jjandbabyp

Jjandbabyp wrote:

Can i find an alternate cellular plan id mobile doesn't support it on the apple watch ultra

Apple Watch Family Plan (you may not like it)

Set up Apple Watch for a family member - Apple Support

Set up a family member’s Apple Watch - Apple Support

Some limitations: Cannot receive SMS/MMS messages, as that depends on a fully paired iPhone. Messaging is pretty much limited to Apple’s Messages, unless the messaging service provides an Apple Watch app. Alarms, alerts, notifications on the iPhone are not sent to the Apple Watch. Apple Pay via a credit card is not available. Also not available: Medications, respiratory rate, irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, AFib History, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Wrist Temperature, Blood Oxygen, Walking Steadiness, Audiobooks, Camera Remote, News, Shortcuts, and the double tap gesture.

You must still use carriers that support Apple Watch Family Plan, but the iPhone and Apple Watch do not need to use the same carrier. And of course each device will have a separate phone number.

Jun 10, 2024 5:15 PM in response to Jjandbabyp

Jjandbabyp wrote:

Can i find an alternate cellular plan id mobile doesn't support it on the apple watch ultra

This seems to be a different question, where you have an iPhone and a Watch and want the two to work together with a carrier that does not support Watch. AFAIK, the answer to that is either completely separate usage akin to a Family Sharing (isolated) Watch, or an unsupported mess. Or switching to a carrier with Watch support.

Can I use Ultra watch without cellular?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.