Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

How to remove the green dot on my screen

How to remove green dot on my phone? Or is it necessary to remove it?

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 3:46 AM

Are you asking about this green dot?

Status icons and symbols on your iPhone - Apple Support

If you see orange or green indicators in the status bar

With iOS 14 and later, you might see an orange or green indicator in the status bar on your iPhone. These indicators appear when the microphone and/or camera are being used by an app.

An orange indicator  means the microphone is being used by an app on your iPhone.

A green indicator  means either the camera or the camera and the microphone are being used by an app on your iPhone.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 3:46 AM in response to babielou194

Are you asking about this green dot?

Status icons and symbols on your iPhone - Apple Support

If you see orange or green indicators in the status bar

With iOS 14 and later, you might see an orange or green indicator in the status bar on your iPhone. These indicators appear when the microphone and/or camera are being used by an app.

An orange indicator  means the microphone is being used by an app on your iPhone.

A green indicator  means either the camera or the camera and the microphone are being used by an app on your iPhone.

Oct 7, 2023 2:01 AM in response to Demo

All of my photos are ruined with green dot on my iPhone 11

why on earth would I edit each and every photo to remove it?

Please tell me how to turn this off…please don’t tell me how every camera has flares…bs!

This was a choice by Apple to put this where it is on screen….there’s no reason if it has to be there that Apple should not have put it at the bottom of screen

please tell me how to remove it!

Aug 6, 2023 5:44 PM in response to babielou194

babielou194 Said:

"How to remove the green dot on my screen: How to remove green dot on my phone? Or is it necessary to remove it?"

-------

Rising of a Green Dot on an iPhone Screen:

Almost seems like a pixelation error. So, when exactly do you see this? Take a screenshot and see if it is still shown. If not, then it is likely a pixelation error. If not then it is an error of this app, itself. Go here: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

How to remove the green dot on my screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.