Change name of email icloud

hi, I am made my my Apple iCloud email a few years ago and the name isn't professional as I wish it was is there anyway I can change it

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 6, 2023 7:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 2:47 AM

You cannot change your primary iCloud address name, but you can create an alias which might help in your situation and let you keep your account and everything associated with it.

Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support - "An email alias is an email address that conceals your actual email address from a recipient. An alias can help you manage the email you receive, and monitor the sources of unwanted messages. You can both send and receive email from an email alias using Mail on iCloud.com.

"With iCloud Mail, you can have up to three active email addresses, and you can turn an email alias on or off at any time. You can also delete email aliases that you no longer want to use. While turning off an email alias is temporary, deleting it is permanent. "

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 2:47 AM in response to andresmurcia

You cannot change your primary iCloud address name, but you can create an alias which might help in your situation and let you keep your account and everything associated with it.

Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support - "An email alias is an email address that conceals your actual email address from a recipient. An alias can help you manage the email you receive, and monitor the sources of unwanted messages. You can both send and receive email from an email alias using Mail on iCloud.com.

"With iCloud Mail, you can have up to three active email addresses, and you can turn an email alias on or off at any time. You can also delete email aliases that you no longer want to use. While turning off an email alias is temporary, deleting it is permanent. "

Change name of email icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.