Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple HomePod mini Issues connecting with RTE Radio 1

For the last month I cannot access RTE Radio 1 through my Apple HomePod mini. I can get R na G, Lyric etc, but Tune In no longer seems to recognise the instruction to "Play RTE Radio 1"

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 4:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 4:50 AM

1. Check Internet Connection: Ensure that your Apple HomePod mini is connected to the internet. A stable and active internet connection is necessary for streaming radio stations.
  2. Restart HomePod: Try restarting your HomePod mini. You can do this by unplugging it from the power source, waiting for a few seconds, and then plugging it back in.
  3. Update Software: Make sure your Apple HomePod mini has the latest software updates installed. You can check for updates using the Home app on your iOS device.
  4. Check TuneIn Service: Sometimes, streaming services like TuneIn may experience temporary outages or issues. You can check their official website or social media channels for any updates on service status.
  5. Reset HomePod Settings: If the issue persists, you can try resetting your HomePod settings. Open the Home app on your iOS device, find your HomePod mini, and navigate to the settings. You should see an option to reset the HomePod. Keep in mind that this will erase any personalized settings, but it might help resolve the issue.
  6. Contact Support: If none of the above steps work, you might want to contact Apple support or TuneIn support for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific troubleshooting steps or insights into the issue.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 4:50 AM in response to MillieJack

1. Check Internet Connection: Ensure that your Apple HomePod mini is connected to the internet. A stable and active internet connection is necessary for streaming radio stations.
  2. Restart HomePod: Try restarting your HomePod mini. You can do this by unplugging it from the power source, waiting for a few seconds, and then plugging it back in.
  3. Update Software: Make sure your Apple HomePod mini has the latest software updates installed. You can check for updates using the Home app on your iOS device.
  4. Check TuneIn Service: Sometimes, streaming services like TuneIn may experience temporary outages or issues. You can check their official website or social media channels for any updates on service status.
  5. Reset HomePod Settings: If the issue persists, you can try resetting your HomePod settings. Open the Home app on your iOS device, find your HomePod mini, and navigate to the settings. You should see an option to reset the HomePod. Keep in mind that this will erase any personalized settings, but it might help resolve the issue.
  6. Contact Support: If none of the above steps work, you might want to contact Apple support or TuneIn support for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific troubleshooting steps or insights into the issue.

Aug 8, 2023 11:03 AM in response to HtetNaing1699

Thank you for the helpful suggestions. I did all those things. It still does not work. I get a message from the HomePod mini to say that the app required to use this shortcut is not available. Do not know what App the message refers to. The HomePod plays all the other Irish radio programmes - just not RTE ! which is the main news programme.

Oct 3, 2023 12:25 AM in response to HtetNaing1699

I did all those things on several occasions to no avail. Siri will play Radio na Gaeltachta and Lyric FM but hasn’t played RTÉ 1 for months. I am paying €8 a month for Apple Music and I have 3 HomePod minis which cost me €300. And I can’t access my home station for most of the last 6 months. I don’t know if the problem lies with Apple, Tune In or the RTÉ app. But it is most frustrating.

Feb 25, 2024 9:23 AM in response to MillieJack

Hey MillieJack, I had a similar problem where my HomePod minis would not play certain radio stations (e.g. NPO Radio 5) while others would play perfectly fine. For me, the root cause was that I had IPv6 incorrectly configured on my network. After disabling it, the specific radio stations would start working again. In the end I managed to fix the IPv6 setup so now I have both IPv6 running and can enjoy my favourite radio station.

Apple HomePod mini Issues connecting with RTE Radio 1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.