Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How to move my music to iCloud

My iPhone 32 GB is almost full. The biggest item is music. (4GB). I have 80GB available on my iCloud. I want to move most or all music but have it be available quickly to play

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 7:45 AM

Hello,

Go to Settings > [your-name] > APPS USING ICLOUD > Music and make sure that it is turned on. This will ensure that your music is in iCloud.

However, it won't necessarily solve your problem. When you delete your songs from your iPhone, they will also be deleted from the iCloud.

It would seem that you have several basic solutions:

1. Delete other content from your iPhone, eg., photos or videos. See this: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  2. Store your music external to your phone, eg., Dropbox or Amazon Music
  3. Get a phone that has more local storage

Good luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 7:45 AM in response to Oticonlivelisten

Hello,

Go to Settings > [your-name] > APPS USING ICLOUD > Music and make sure that it is turned on. This will ensure that your music is in iCloud.

However, it won't necessarily solve your problem. When you delete your songs from your iPhone, they will also be deleted from the iCloud.

It would seem that you have several basic solutions:

1. Delete other content from your iPhone, eg., photos or videos. See this: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  2. Store your music external to your phone, eg., Dropbox or Amazon Music
  3. Get a phone that has more local storage

Good luck.

How to move my music to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.