Final Cut Pro "error -536870186" - won't export/share file

Trying to export my Final Cut Pro video. It is 12.5 GB. I have plenty of room, and I am exporting onto my MacStudio hard drive. I have chapters in the video?

Export File (default) is the setting I am using.

When I export it gets to 50% then gives me a "error -536870186" failed to export.

I was able to export the same project a few days ago? I made some minor changes, and I am trying to export same project. Getting very frustrated! Any help would be awesome!

Mac Studio (2023)

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2023 9:15 AM

Hello. I also have the same problem. It came out of nowhere. I was exporting fine, untill a certain momment decided to export in Apple Pro Res. It failed to export in 2 different external disks ( one ssd, other hdd) and failed also to export to the internal Mac studio disk. Nothing works.

Mike Rydell, where you able to solve your problem? Thank you

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 21, 2023 9:15 AM in response to MikeRydell

Hello. I also have the same problem. It came out of nowhere. I was exporting fine, untill a certain momment decided to export in Apple Pro Res. It failed to export in 2 different external disks ( one ssd, other hdd) and failed also to export to the internal Mac studio disk. Nothing works.

Mike Rydell, where you able to solve your problem? Thank you

Mar 12, 2024 7:33 PM in response to MikeRydell

you would think that an error that apple LITERALLY has a code for would at least try to explain wtf is actually wrong. but of course they have us in this forum guessing what could be wrong. this is one of those errors that just simple makes no sense. There's no cause or reason. it's just pure technological spite. But what else is new with apple. They love having their customers stress tf out wondering how to fix an issue when they could easily give us an explanation.

Aug 21, 2023 10:10 AM in response to MikeRydell

That number looks familiar to me.

Are any of the drives you're using formatted any other way besides APFS or HFS+?

If yes, try exporting to and/or from an APFS or HFS+ drive.

If no, then I'd try a safe boot (and then a reboot)

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

As a test, I'd also disconnect any and all external drives, devices, headphones, etc... you don't actually need for the export.

If you can, you could search for "536870186" (without quotes) in the logs.

Jan 22, 2024 10:02 PM in response to Hugo_FM81

Hugo_FM81 wrote:
Nothing works.

Respondents have provided confirmation items. Do you meet all the conditions? Please respond with the items you have fulfilled and the questions below.

--

Q1: Will I get an error if I change the format from "Video and Audio" to "Computer"?

Q2: Will an error occur if I change the video codec from “ProRes” to “H.264”?

Final Cut Pro "error -536870186" - won't export/share file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.