Control HomeKit accessories from the Apple TV

Another user asked why the HomeKit icon is not appearing in their Apple TV Control Center. This support document indicates it should be there and able to control Scenes and devices.

Use tvOS Control Center on Apple TV - Apple Support

I don’t have the HomeKit icon on my Apple TV’s Control Center either. I’m running tvOS 16.6 on a 4K gen 4 Apple TV box.

So is this a bug or a configuration issue?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 1:07 PM

It’s there on mine but it says in the document you posted that it only controls Scenes and cameras.

I have two scenes but none of my accessories are shown. I’m going to assume if you don’t have any Scenes or cameras, that the Home App might not show up? Try creating a scene in the Home App on another device to see if this changes after restarting ATV and post back if this works. Thanks.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 1:07 PM in response to lkrupp

It’s there on mine but it says in the document you posted that it only controls Scenes and cameras.

I have two scenes but none of my accessories are shown. I’m going to assume if you don’t have any Scenes or cameras, that the Home App might not show up? Try creating a scene in the Home App on another device to see if this changes after restarting ATV and post back if this works. Thanks.

Control HomeKit accessories from the Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.