iCloud Verification code notification disappears really fast on my devices

I'm trying to use the iCloud Password manager on my Windows Computer.

I click the "Approve..." Button and the "Enter the verification code sent to your other devices" appears.

On my iPad the notification appears but only for less than a second.

I've tried multiple times on different days, but same result every time.

It works perfectly when logging in to the Apple Support site or other places where the 2-factor verification process appears.

Please advice

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 11:55 AM

3 replies

Aug 8, 2023 11:14 AM in response to RonnieBTynell

Hello RonnieBTynell,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Even though this is a simple step, let's go ahead and restart your iPad:

"How to restart an iPad without a Home button

1. Press and hold either volume button and the top button until the power off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
  3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the top button until you see the Apple logo.

How to restart an iPad with a Home button

1. Press and hold the top button until the power off slider appears.
  2. Drag the slider, then wait for 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
  3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the top button until you see the Apple logo."

Additional details can be found here: Restart your iPad

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? Which iPad and iPadOS version do you currently have? Do you notice issues with other notifications on your iPad? Also, have you tested on another network?

Cheers!

Apr 16, 2024 3:53 AM in response to RonnieBTynell

You wont believe this: I had the same issue (first the sign in location disappears super quickly so I dont even get to see a flash of the code unless I press enter in the right instant) to make things worse, I am doing this trying to restore phone from my backup as my previous iphone is broken so I thought I can't receive the SMS (sim is in the new phone but never had the chance to input pin code) so I didn't try that option. Now in my final moments of despair I tried the sms option and it didnt need to send the sms, it just authenticated instantly. WTF!

at least it is doing the restore now. Great job Apple....

iCloud Verification code notification disappears really fast on my devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.