You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove selected unremovable MDM profiles on macOS Ventura

I've found an old school laptop and it's got a few MDM profiles on it, I want to remove one of the MDM profiles on it but not the others. Unfortunately the remove button is greyed out. If found ways to remove all of the MDM's via recovery mode, however I only want to remove the single profile, and I don't know how.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 5:01 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2024 2:03 AM

The MDM maybe removed but the Serial Number of this computer is Still Registered with the MDM Service

At any time, the MDM Service can again Remotely take Control of this computer and possible reinstall their Service

Until such time as the Serial Number is removed from the MDM, this computer can be Controlled by them at any time

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 21, 2024 2:03 AM in response to TobynP

The MDM maybe removed but the Serial Number of this computer is Still Registered with the MDM Service

At any time, the MDM Service can again Remotely take Control of this computer and possible reinstall their Service

Until such time as the Serial Number is removed from the MDM, this computer can be Controlled by them at any time

Aug 7, 2023 5:05 PM in response to TobynP

TobynP wrote:

I've found an old school laptop and it's got a few MDM profiles on it, I want to remove one of the MDM profiles on it but not the others. Unfortunately the remove button is greyed out. If found ways to remove all of the MDM's via recovery mode, however I only want to remove the single profile, and I don't know how.

You can not remove any MDM profiles unless you are the owner of the computer who installed the MDM profiles. Recovery mode will not remove the MDM profiles.

Remove selected unremovable MDM profiles on macOS Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.