AirTag battery replacement still RED

Hi, I’m using Energizer batteries with no coating -because I tried 3 other brands with the same result. I have read that those are the best replacements.

Still showing red and low battery for all four tags.

Is there a reset option? Any other solutions besides telling me to close it correctly which I did. I fix technology for a living….

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 7:25 PM

Yes, there is a reset option.

See this support article on how to go about performing a reset of your AirTag:

2 replies

Nov 23, 2023 11:32 AM in response to Wolfishwolfie

None of the official Apple stuff worked for me, not anyone else's suggestions. Here's what did:

I was already in the "Find My Items" app trying to get the iPhone to find the AirTag with the new battery. It was making beeps every time I put the battery in so I knew it was getting power. The reset doesn't work; on the fifth time it makes the same noise and then does nothing. Out of frustration, I went back to the "items" tab in the app and slid left on the item name to remove it. The app asked if I was sure; I said Yes. Then the AirTag beeped and I got an immediate window with the AirTag spinning and a prompt asking if I wanted to add a new airtag. Bingo. Just like new.

AirTag battery replacement still RED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.