Sharing Screen - asking for charges on bank account online banking

Is it appropriate for apple support person to ask me to go into my online bank to view charges for apple service? (I was recently charged for something I didnt know about) which was resolved by the support person but my bank had locked my account as I mentioned that I had to show charges on my bank account while on shared screen with apple support person.

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 8:04 PM

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out, an apple support agent should be able to guide you to purchases related to your appleID by guiding you through settings.

View your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple media services - Apple Support

On your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name, then tap Media & Purchases. 
  3. Tap View Account. You might be asked to sign in.
  4. Tap Purchase History.

Apple Support doesn't have you check your purchase history by opening your banking app. If you received a Case# in your e-mail you should be able to click on it and connect with an agent who can see that case and how it was handled, you may request to leave a complaint which are reviewed. You can also check near your case# email for a survey that should be tied to that agent. Please note that if you reach out again to submit a complaint and receive another survey, that survey will be for that new agent.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2023 8:04 PM in response to kessid

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out, an apple support agent should be able to guide you to purchases related to your appleID by guiding you through settings.

View your purchase history for the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple media services - Apple Support

On your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name, then tap Media & Purchases. 
  3. Tap View Account. You might be asked to sign in.
  4. Tap Purchase History.

Apple Support doesn't have you check your purchase history by opening your banking app. If you received a Case# in your e-mail you should be able to click on it and connect with an agent who can see that case and how it was handled, you may request to leave a complaint which are reviewed. You can also check near your case# email for a survey that should be tied to that agent. Please note that if you reach out again to submit a complaint and receive another survey, that survey will be for that new agent.

Sharing Screen - asking for charges on bank account online banking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.