misplaced my iPad

Hello everyone I just joined the community and I was hoping someone could assist me. I recently forgot where I left my iPad as I was helping my aunt move things to her new house. I remember using it at her new place but because I was going back and forth I feel that it could be at her new place or at the old house or possibly mine. I remember I did sign in to the iPad but on my iPhone it doesn't show on the list of devices from "Find My" app. However, in the settings of my iPhone under "Apple ID" my iPad is visible there towards the end of it.

Is there a way I could use the Version and Serial Number to find and locate my iPad?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Aug 7, 2023 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 6:24 AM

A lost or stolen iPad cannot be traced or located via its Serial Number or other identifiers.

Start here:

Locate a device in Find My on iPad - Apple Support

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad may have been lost.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2023 6:24 AM in response to fijian_tongan

A lost or stolen iPad cannot be traced or located via its Serial Number or other identifiers.

Start here:

Locate a device in Find My on iPad - Apple Support

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad may have been lost.

misplaced my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.