Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Accidentally added funds to Apple ID rather than Apple Pay

So I accidentally added funds to my Apple ID and I saw that there is no other way to refund or transfer back onto the card, and I do not wish on spending it on any Apple apps or products, how can I get it back?

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 12:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 20, 2023 5:16 PM

hey, did you ever get refunded? i’m having the same problem. wondering if i should just give up.

13 replies

Aug 8, 2023 1:15 AM in response to Velasqk

You need to contact Apple Support to request a refund. 

See -> Check your Apple Account balance -> Check your Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

scroll to ⤵️

If you have an Apple Account balance that you can’t use

You can't redeem or return Apple Gift Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards or unused Apple ID balance for cash, except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows the refund of redeemed gift balances, you can contact Apple Support to request a refund

When you contact Apple, include the following information:

•               Your Apple ID.

•               The refund amount.

•               Your current delivery address.

Apr 18, 2024 1:01 PM in response to Velasqk

I had this same issue recently, and while it hasn't been fully resolved yet, I am hopeful I will receive a refund within the next 48 hours. I reached out directly to Apple Support since as this thread already states, when you add funds to your Apple Account, it will not show up as a refundable purchase. I had to reach out to Apple support directly. Here's the transcript of my conversation with an Apple Advisor who submitted the request for a refund on my behalf. Apple still may not approve it, and if so they will have squeezed another $9.99 out of me (grrrr!!), but this seems further than anyone has been able to get with this issue so far. I will update once the request is resolved.

Accidentally added funds to Apple ID rather than Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.