Macbook Air M1 turn on automatically after shutdown and close lid

Hi all,

Good day, I would like to ask is anyone having the same issue that I described in the title?

My Macbook Air M1 turn on automatically after I shutdown and close the lid after a few months I bought it. Besides this, the Macbook Air also doesn't seems to be went to "sleep" properly after I put into sleep mode and close the lid. The battery will drain fast in this situation

This issue had causing me a lots of problem and I need to keep sending my Macbook to service center again and again. The amount of time where the Macbook resides in the service center are more than the time where I actually using it.

In order to solve this issue, my MacBook being replace with LCD for 2 times and the top case with keyboard for 1 time, and yet, it still unable to get the issue resolved until today. The same problem keep coming back after some amount of time after replacing those parts. The worst thing is, all of this recurring repairing started from the MacBook still under warranty, until the warranty expired!

And now, the senior advisor told me, sorry they cant fix this for me anymore!

I would like to ask is there any escalation/complain path I can reach to in order to solve this problem? I believe I was being treated unfair because of Apple does not really solve my problem since the day I reported my problem, and they are just providing all kind of workaround in order to drag my issue until the warranty period expired and leave me on my own with a faulty product.

This is really the first time I having such a horrible product experience with Apple.

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2024 2:23 AM

yeah, i'm facing same issue after updating macos, however i'm still trying to find the solution, if anyone get any solution please let me know

Similar questions

7 replies

Aug 19, 2023 9:28 AM in response to LimKhai

We are not Apple and cannot speak for Apple.

I've seen this, but the user was misinterpreting the event: He shut down the Mac and closed the lid. Upon opening the lid the Mac turned on. That's the auto start feature and it is by design. It cannot be defeated on the Apple silicone Macs.

His conclusion was the Mac never shut down, the real action was auto start on lid lift. That look the same. This may not be your situation, I understand that. But you have my opinion and experience.

If you wish to complain to Apple, have at it: Product Feedback - Apple

Aug 20, 2023 6:46 PM in response to ku4hx

Hi there, thanks for the feedback. Yes, I understood that we are not Apple here, I am just trying to look for a channel for me to get the solution.

The case of mine is different, I shutdown the Mac and then close the lid, and then the Mac will turned on by itself even the lid are still closed.

How do I get to know it was turn on? I heard the boot up tones.

Macbook Air M1 turn on automatically after shutdown and close lid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.