Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

MacOS doesn't get unlocked by Apple Watch since 13.5 update

Since the last MacOS Update (13.5) the Apple Watch doesn't unlock the MacBook Pro 16inch (2019) anymore. Every time I want to activate the function again, it fails with the output, that the watch needs to be logged into my iCloud account, which it is. The watches unlock-macos-function still works fine on my other MacBook Pros with older MacOS versions. Tried to restart both devices and ensured they are in the same WiFi.

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 4:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 6:53 PM

I understand the frustration. Direct your attention to Unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch - Apple Support, and in particular the section If you need help.

Step 2 is important.

Assuming you did all that, I recommend that you do nothing and forget about it for a while. After about a day mine spontaneously started working again. I did nothing.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2023 6:53 PM in response to Lindy1981

I understand the frustration. Direct your attention to Unlock your Mac with your Apple Watch - Apple Support, and in particular the section If you need help.

Step 2 is important.

Assuming you did all that, I recommend that you do nothing and forget about it for a while. After about a day mine spontaneously started working again. I did nothing.

MacOS doesn't get unlocked by Apple Watch since 13.5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.