How to access locked MacBook

I was trying to open my macbook air 13 and i entered my password incorrect. My account is now locked and not able to access my macbook.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 3:44 PM

You may need to wait at least 24 hours before attempting to log in again: If you see an 'Unable to sign you in to your Apple ID' message - Apple Support. During that time, don't sign out of any other devices using the Apple ID linked to that Mac. That will just prolong the waiting time.

In the event you need it, please read Reset your Mac login password - Apple Support. If your Mac has locked your Apple ID / iCloud account following too many failed login attempts, then you need to follow If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2023 3:44 PM in response to khetiwe

You may need to wait at least 24 hours before attempting to log in again: If you see an 'Unable to sign you in to your Apple ID' message - Apple Support. During that time, don't sign out of any other devices using the Apple ID linked to that Mac. That will just prolong the waiting time.

In the event you need it, please read Reset your Mac login password - Apple Support. If your Mac has locked your Apple ID / iCloud account following too many failed login attempts, then you need to follow If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support.

How to access locked MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.