Can't Activate Microsoft Word 2021 that came with my iMac: "Unable to connect to the licensing helper" ERROR

Apple says call Microsoft. Microsoft directs to a non-helpful website. The sudo Terminal command that is on this apple community site gives me a password line that doesn't seem to be helpful. Any other ideas??? Thank you.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 11:12 AM

Although you can purchase Microsoft Office 2021 from the Apple Online Store, and in that case, a license key for Office should have been sent to you via email, Apple does not otherwise preinstall any Microsoft software with the operating system on new or refurbished Apple products. An Apple reseller may do so, and in turn, they need to convey the license key to you as well. If you purchased this iMac from a reseller, and they did preinstall MS Office, you need to get the license key from them.

Apple is not responsible for Microsoft product or licensing issues, and rightly told you to contact Microsoft for further resolution. Call Microsoft again, and escalate this issue if necessary to a satisfactory resolution.

The Apple Support communities does not incorporate a pseudo-Terminal in the website. I am typing this on a purpose-built editor for submitting posts and it does not prompt for any password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2023 11:12 AM in response to gemaspen

Although you can purchase Microsoft Office 2021 from the Apple Online Store, and in that case, a license key for Office should have been sent to you via email, Apple does not otherwise preinstall any Microsoft software with the operating system on new or refurbished Apple products. An Apple reseller may do so, and in turn, they need to convey the license key to you as well. If you purchased this iMac from a reseller, and they did preinstall MS Office, you need to get the license key from them.

Apple is not responsible for Microsoft product or licensing issues, and rightly told you to contact Microsoft for further resolution. Call Microsoft again, and escalate this issue if necessary to a satisfactory resolution.

The Apple Support communities does not incorporate a pseudo-Terminal in the website. I am typing this on a purpose-built editor for submitting posts and it does not prompt for any password.

Can't Activate Microsoft Word 2021 that came with my iMac: "Unable to connect to the licensing helper" ERROR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.