Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Calendar search function is still broken

Any word on when the Calendar search function will be repaired? It is a very frustrating situation!!

MacBook Air (M2, 2022)

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2023 12:22 PM

Wow clicking off the Calendar on 'apps used in iCloud' and clicking it on again worked practically instantly! A scary moment when all the appointments disappear but well worth i! Thank you for posting this!

12 replies

Nov 2, 2023 11:24 AM in response to MacMayor

My iMac's Apple calendar search worked perfectly until updating to the new OS.

Checked my iPhone and iPad calendars, and they worked (search) correctly showing all related calendar events....so this is isolated to the my iMac's apple calendar00.

When I do a search on my iMac's Apple Calendar, I only get a few results...even when I see one of the events in the calendar display. The search shows only a few of the instances. For example, "Dr. Appt" may only show a few..less than 3 appointments. I have more than 40 that show in my iPhone.

This is definitely a "bug" in the app.

I search the knowledge base and no answers are posted there. I am hoping that I can get an answer from an expert through this chat. If not, I will be calling apple...but I really do not want too.

Nov 17, 2023 11:36 AM in response to W Scott Young

This has been a problem ever since I bought an M1 MBP in February. Some days it will find things, other days it will not. There's no rhyme or reason. If I locate them manually, and move them from one calendar to another, it will find it in a search after that -- for a while.

I have rebuilt my entire spotlight index twice and it hasn't done any good. I really need to be able to search calendar events - it is a core function of how I schedule my work.

I has nothing to do with what calendar I have selected in the sidebar.

Aug 9, 2023 1:32 PM in response to W Scott Young

It did. Now it is just disappointing. My google calendar searches still work.

Apple's website confirms their calendar's potential - not the broken-down reality:

"Search for events in Calendar on Mac

Use the search field to find past and future events with a matching title, location, attendee, or note. Results are listed in chronological order, with the earliest event listed first. If you have more results than can be shown, the first event listed is the event that comes up soonest. You can scroll up to view previous events or scroll down to view future events.

In the Calendar app on your Mac, enter a phrase in the search field in the top right of the Calendar window.

As you type, matching titles, locations, attendees, and notes appear in a list of search suggestions below the search field. To search using a suggestion, click it. To search for events that contain exactly what you entered, press Return."

Search for events in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support

Calendar search function is still broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.