My watch appears paired, except for in the app

I noticed I wasn’t getting text or calls on my watch & when I open the app, it appears as if my watch is not paired. However, when I try to pair it, it doesn’t work.

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 7:32 PM

If you don't get notifications, messages, or calls on your Apple Watch, your Apple Watch and iPhone might not be connected. When your devices disconnect, the red iPhone icon or the red X icon  appears on your watch face. You can also check your connection in Control Center. When your Apple Watch connects again, the green iPhone icon  appears. For more info and troubleshooting tips see:

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2023 7:32 PM in response to Kimd328

If you don't get notifications, messages, or calls on your Apple Watch, your Apple Watch and iPhone might not be connected. When your devices disconnect, the red iPhone icon or the red X icon  appears on your watch face. You can also check your connection in Control Center. When your Apple Watch connects again, the green iPhone icon  appears. For more info and troubleshooting tips see:

If your Apple Watch isn't connected or paired with your iPhone - Apple Support

My watch appears paired, except for in the app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.