How to change my country/region in my billing address

I relocated to another country and I want to change the country and region on my Apple ID billing address

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 8:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 9:22 PM

1. Open Settings: Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Tap on Your Apple ID: At the top of the Settings menu, you'll see your Apple ID profile picture and name. Tap on it.
  3. View Apple ID: On the next screen, tap on "View Apple ID." You might need to authenticate using your Apple ID password, Touch ID, or Face ID.
  4. Change Country/Region: Under your Apple ID settings, tap on "Country/Region."
  5. Select New Country/Region: Tap on "Change Country or Region." Select your new country or region from the list.
  6. Agree to Terms and Conditions: Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions for the new country or region.
  7. Update Billing Information: You'll be prompted to update your billing information. This includes your payment method and billing address. You'll need to provide a valid payment method for the new country or region.
  8. Complete Verification: Apple might require you to verify your new billing information, usually by sending a verification code to your new payment method.
  9. Review Changes: Review the changes you've made and make sure everything is correct.
  10. Confirm Changes: Confirm the changes. Your country or region will be updated, and your new billing information will be associated with it.

It's important to note that not all payment methods are accepted in every country or region. Some payment methods might not be available for certain countries, and you might need to choose a different payment method that is compatible with your new country or region.

Additionally, changing your country or region might affect your access to content on the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple services. Some apps and content might not be available in the new region, or pricing might be different.

If you encounter any issues or have concerns about changing your country or region, you can contact Apple Support for assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 8, 2023 9:22 PM in response to Sheissucre

1. Open Settings: Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Tap on Your Apple ID: At the top of the Settings menu, you'll see your Apple ID profile picture and name. Tap on it.
  3. View Apple ID: On the next screen, tap on "View Apple ID." You might need to authenticate using your Apple ID password, Touch ID, or Face ID.
  4. Change Country/Region: Under your Apple ID settings, tap on "Country/Region."
  5. Select New Country/Region: Tap on "Change Country or Region." Select your new country or region from the list.
  6. Agree to Terms and Conditions: Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions for the new country or region.
  7. Update Billing Information: You'll be prompted to update your billing information. This includes your payment method and billing address. You'll need to provide a valid payment method for the new country or region.
  8. Complete Verification: Apple might require you to verify your new billing information, usually by sending a verification code to your new payment method.
  9. Review Changes: Review the changes you've made and make sure everything is correct.
  10. Confirm Changes: Confirm the changes. Your country or region will be updated, and your new billing information will be associated with it.

It's important to note that not all payment methods are accepted in every country or region. Some payment methods might not be available for certain countries, and you might need to choose a different payment method that is compatible with your new country or region.

Additionally, changing your country or region might affect your access to content on the App Store, iTunes Store, and other Apple services. Some apps and content might not be available in the new region, or pricing might be different.

If you encounter any issues or have concerns about changing your country or region, you can contact Apple Support for assistance.

How to change my country/region in my billing address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.