Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

iPad showing wrong battery level

I have an iPad Pro that is about 5 years old. Lately it has started shutting off by itself and also the battery percentage is wrong. Like tonight I looked at it when I got home and it said 76%, then I go to bed about 3 hours later and it hasn’t been used at all and it says 39%, if I restart it, it will say 100% so I have no idea what the right battery percentage is. Does anyone know why it’s doing this?

Posted on Aug 8, 2023 10:46 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Aug 9, 2023 3:04 AM in response to rad2024

As described, your iPad battery may have a fault, or may be reaching the end of its usable life. If the battery has failed or is failing, the iPad may unexpectedly turn-off - or may not successfully boot to a running state even when connected to its Power Adapter.

Are you able to use the iPad while remaining connected to your Power Adapter? If yes, while monitoring the indicated battery state, disconnect the Power Adapter; if the indicated battery state suddenly falls, or the iPad shuts-off, this test demonstrates the iPad battery having reached the end of its usable life:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

Battery replacement - if required - can also be arranged via the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP):

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

This avenue provides opportunity to have your iPad properly tested before committing to the cost of a battery replacement.

You might also initially consider seeking assistance directly from from Apple Support - and request a remote diagnostic test. You can contact the Support Team using the Support link at top-right or bottom-left of this page. Alternatively and perhaps easier, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/app/apple-support/id1130498044

iPad showing wrong battery level

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.