Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making apps jiggle

So i turned off the app jiggle and now i can’t edit my home screen can someone help me please and i can’t delete apps

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 10:38 AM

10 replies

Aug 10, 2023 10:39 AM in response to nena253

Howdy nena253,

It sounds like you want to know if there are other ways to delete apps on your iPhone. We know how important this is for you, and you’re in the right place for answers.

Delete an app from App Library and Home Screen: Touch and hold the app in App Library, tap Delete App, then tap Delete. (See Find your apps in App Library.)

This info can be found in the iPhone User Guide here: Remove apps from iPhone - Apple Support

Take Care.

Aug 11, 2023 6:32 PM in response to Bonnie Forman

Bonnie Forman wrote:

Barely a 2-second touch on the background (not on an app) engages jiggling of the whole screen. Super annoying. I will take it to the genius bar to see if it's faulty. Thanks.

It seems to be working as intended, but not working as you’d want here.

If this is triggering while you’re carrying the device around, maybe disabling tap-to-wake is a workaround:

Adjust how iPhone responds to your touch - Apple Support

Feb 20, 2024 3:14 PM in response to martin from

martin from wrote:

The jiggle feature is absolutely ridiculous. Any iPhone user just wants to drag any App exactly to where they want it accurately without all Apps flying about. Every smartphone in the world allows you to to do this except Apple. Deleting an App is easy as you just press on it and press on the appropriate action, but moving apps around on an iPhone is a nightmare.

The folks from Apple may or may not read postings around here.

Best send your feedback directly: Product Feedback - Apple

And if some other phone better meets your needs, by all means use that.

Aug 11, 2023 5:53 PM in response to Bonnie Forman

Bonnie Forman wrote:

Thanks - I wasn't clear. Is there any way to turn off the jiggle feature? It drives me crazy because it turns on at the slightest touch.

You have to hold a touch on an icon to engage jiggle mode.

From testing here (iPadOS 16.6), it takes roughly three seconds’ hold time to trigger jiggling with a single touch.

Multiple-finger touches held don’t trigger it.

There is no means to disable jiggle mode.

If jiggling is happening at the slightest touch, then your display might have a hardware problem.

If you have a protective film or protective case, see if removing that makes any difference to the misbehavior.

Feb 20, 2024 12:03 PM in response to Bonnie Forman

The jiggle feature is absolutely ridiculous. Any iPhone user just wants to drag any App exactly to where they want it accurately without all Apps flying about. Every smartphone in the world allows you to to do this except Apple. Deleting an App is easy as you just press on it and press on the appropriate action, but moving apps around on an iPhone is a nightmare.

Making apps jiggle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.