Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Pre-purchased game not showing up on new device

Pretty much the title-

i bought papas freezeria on my iPad a couple of years ago when I was younger. I now have a new phone and wanted to download it however it says I still have to pay the initial fee (the one I’ve already paid in the past). I’m unsure if this is an apple error or I need to contact the game company but pls help so I can restore the app

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2023 7:21 PM

Is this still the exact same game that you downloaded in the past or is it a newer version that you have to pay for?

You usually have to pay for major upgrades for apps and games.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.5;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.6; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.6; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2023 7:21 PM in response to schnubbies

Is this still the exact same game that you downloaded in the past or is it a newer version that you have to pay for?

You usually have to pay for major upgrades for apps and games.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.5;  Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.6; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.6; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.6; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.6; HomePods, audioOS 16.5 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Pre-purchased game not showing up on new device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.