(App) would like to access files on a network volume (Answer)

Jon Morgan1 wrote the post below. I couldn't reply on it, so I post the answer like this.

I have an AppleScript (compiled as an app) that creates some folders on the local desktop and copies them to an in-house network server. This has worked without issue for years on my Intel-based iMac's that ultimately had Catalina. However, when I run the app on a brand new M1-based iMac with Monterey 12.6, I keep getting:

" ' (app)' would like to access files on a network volume" when the app tries to copy the folders from the local desktop to the network server.

Things tried:

Opened the native AppleScript on the M1 iMac and re-compiled as an app.
Added the app to the Accessibility, Full Disk Access, Files and Folders, and Automation panes of the Security & Privacy System Preference.
Cleared cache.

Any ideas on how to get the OS to remember that accessing files on a network volume is ok?

Answer:

In my case I have 2 Mac Mini M2's with Ventura where I am running several Applescript apps.

I use Script Debugger 8 for editing and in this application you have the possibility to save the applescript as an Application (Enhanced) beside the standard Application (Apple)

Apparently this is (for now) the solution. You now have to agree once to the popup about access to the network. The applescript app is showing a activity bar with a stop button now (bit annoying :) )

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 2:43 AM

Jon Morgan1 wrote the post below. I couldn't reply on it, so I post the answer like this.

I have an AppleScript (compiled as an app) that creates some folders on the local desktop and copies them to an in-house network server. This has worked without issue for years on my Intel-based iMac's that ultimately had Catalina. However, when I run the app on a brand new M1-based iMac with Monterey 12.6, I keep getting:

" ' (app)' would like to access files on a network volume" when the app tries to copy the folders from the local desktop to the network server.

Things tried:

Added the app to the Accessibility, Full Disk Access, Files and Folders, and Automation panes of the Security & Privacy System Preference.
Cleared cache.

Any ideas on how to get the OS to remember that accessing files on a network volume is ok?

Answer:

In my case I have 2 Mac Mini M2's with Ventura where I am running several Applescript apps.

I use Script Debugger 8 for editing applescripts

You can go there to Preferences -> Building and check the option Lock main script.

I resaved the scripts and this solved it for me.

[Edited by Moderator]

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 2:43 AM in response to VeldhuisICT

Things tried:

Cleared cache.

Answer:

I use Script Debugger 8 for editing applescripts

You can go there to Preferences -> Building and check the option Lock main script.

I resaved the scripts and this solved it for me.

[Edited by Moderator]

(App) would like to access files on a network volume (Answer)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.