Apple Watch 7 battery

Watch will not hold a charge for more than 3 hours. Tried all the tips provided on other discussions to no avail.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 2:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 3:05 AM

1. watchOS Version: The latest watchOS version available as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021 is watchOS 8. If you're referring to watchOS 9, please note that it might be a future update that I'm not aware of.
  2. Battery Life Expectations: Apple Watch battery life can vary based on usage and various factors. However, a battery life of only 3 hours is significantly below the expected performance for any Apple Watch model.
  3. Given this situation, here are some additional steps you can consider:
  4. Check for Software Updates: If there is indeed a watchOS 9 update available, make sure to install it as it may contain bug fixes and improvements related to battery life.
  5. Restart Your Apple Watch: Try restarting your Apple Watch. To do this, press and hold the side button until the Power Off slider appears. Then, slide to power off, and after the watch is off, press and hold the side button again until the Apple logo appears.
  6. Check Background Apps: Some apps running in the background could potentially drain your watch's battery. You can manage background app refresh settings in the Watch app on your paired iPhone. Go to My Watch > General > Background App Refresh and adjust the settings accordingly.
  7. Reset Settings: On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This won't erase your data but will reset your settings to default. You'll need to reconfigure your preferences afterward.
  8. Unpair and Re-pair: If none of the above steps work, you might consider unpairing your Apple Watch from your iPhone and then re-pairing it. This can sometimes help resolve stubborn software issues.
  9. Contact Apple Support: If the issue persists, especially considering your watch's battery life is far below expectations, it's advisable to contact Apple Support for assistance. They can provide guidance and potentially arrange for repair or replacement if needed.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 3:05 AM in response to Applewatch7nutz

1. watchOS Version: The latest watchOS version available as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021 is watchOS 8. If you're referring to watchOS 9, please note that it might be a future update that I'm not aware of.
  2. Battery Life Expectations: Apple Watch battery life can vary based on usage and various factors. However, a battery life of only 3 hours is significantly below the expected performance for any Apple Watch model.
  3. Given this situation, here are some additional steps you can consider:
  4. Check for Software Updates: If there is indeed a watchOS 9 update available, make sure to install it as it may contain bug fixes and improvements related to battery life.
  5. Restart Your Apple Watch: Try restarting your Apple Watch. To do this, press and hold the side button until the Power Off slider appears. Then, slide to power off, and after the watch is off, press and hold the side button again until the Apple logo appears.
  6. Check Background Apps: Some apps running in the background could potentially drain your watch's battery. You can manage background app refresh settings in the Watch app on your paired iPhone. Go to My Watch > General > Background App Refresh and adjust the settings accordingly.
  7. Reset Settings: On your Apple Watch, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This won't erase your data but will reset your settings to default. You'll need to reconfigure your preferences afterward.
  8. Unpair and Re-pair: If none of the above steps work, you might consider unpairing your Apple Watch from your iPhone and then re-pairing it. This can sometimes help resolve stubborn software issues.
  9. Contact Apple Support: If the issue persists, especially considering your watch's battery life is far below expectations, it's advisable to contact Apple Support for assistance. They can provide guidance and potentially arrange for repair or replacement if needed.

Apple Watch 7 battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.