Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

My MacBook air M1 won't turn on, so i followed step 2 and it worked, but should i be worried ?

My MacBook Air M1 wasn't turning on, I tried charging it for half an hour, still no luck. Then I went to Apple Support website and followed some steps where I had to press the Power button for 10 seconds and then press it again once. It worked and my Mac turned on. Why did this happen, and should I be worried about it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 5:18 AM

Computers are complicated devices and things happen. If it's working now, continue to use it. If it fails, come back here, describe the problem and assistance may be provided.

But at this time, since it's operating properly you have no problem to get help on. That may change over time ... it may never have another problem for years.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 5:18 AM in response to satyaraj256

Computers are complicated devices and things happen. If it's working now, continue to use it. If it fails, come back here, describe the problem and assistance may be provided.

But at this time, since it's operating properly you have no problem to get help on. That may change over time ... it may never have another problem for years.

My MacBook air M1 won't turn on, so i followed step 2 and it worked, but should i be worried ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.