Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Use connected Bluetooth device for alarm instead of iPhone speakers

I noticed that when an Alarm goes off from the Apple Clock app that is part of iPhone iOS that it always goes to the iPhone's speakers when I have my Bluetooth speakers connected. That is a problem because I can't hear the alarm as well when there is audio playing on the connected Bluetooth speakers. I searched for "Clock" and for "Alarm" in Settings, but the Clock app doesn't show. Are there settings for the Clock app that I can set to make the Alarm sound in whatever Bluetooth device I'm currently using with Apple Music or any other app that has audio? There are also no Settings in the Clock app that I can see.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2024 10:38 AM

No, this is not correct. My iphone alarm does not play on bluetooth wireless headphones either. I cannot hear it as it only plays on my iphone speaker while my music still plays on headphones.

5 replies

Aug 10, 2023 9:19 AM in response to madirmur59

This is normal. If you connect headphones to your iPhone, the alarm will play at a set volume through the built-in speakers on your iPhone as well as wired and wireless headphones. How to set and change alarms on your iPhone - Apple Support (IN)

Apple Inc says; "We read all feedback carefully, but we are unable to respond to each submission individually."

Here is how for iPhone · Country or region* Select your country or region. · Feedback Type* Select feedback type. · Comments* Enter a comment.

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Use connected Bluetooth device for alarm instead of iPhone speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.