Do not get text sound when wearing watch and have phone

When I am at home, wearing my Apple Watch and carrying my iPhone, I do not get a sound when I receive a text. But, when I am away from home I do get the notice.

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 11:59 AM

Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. If your iPhone is unlocked, you get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 11:59 AM in response to Dumb-

Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. If your iPhone is unlocked, you get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch. If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked. For more info, see:

Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Oct 3, 2023 10:37 AM in response to FiraB

FiraB wrote:

Apple, this is NOT a feature but a major annoyance - I need an audible notification on my cellphone always, unless I turn the phone on silent. Please reconsider.

Apple is not reading here in this user-to-user forum for feedback or suggestions. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

However, it seems unlikely that after 9 generations of the Watch and 10 of the operating system that they are going to reconsider this fundamental philosophy. This design was very intentional and discussed at length in the Apple event that annouced the original Watch. But, who knows....

Do not get text sound when wearing watch and have phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.