Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Transferring data

I have my old iphone which is iphone6s plus and mow i bought a new one which is iphone11. When i am trying to transfer all of my data to my new phone it only backed up. How would i know if it transferred successfully? And if did not, how to transfer all of my data to my new phone? Please send help. Thank you!

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 4:36 PM

Newbierr Said:

"I just bought it yesterday (new phone) and they open it for me to check it. Now i am trying to shut down, but there is no 'quick start'"

-------

Use Quick Start:

Quick Start is a service provided by Apple for transferring to a new iPhone. So, Force Restart your iPhone, and then try using Quick Start.

11 replies

Aug 10, 2023 4:28 PM in response to Newbierr

Newbierr Said:

"Transferring data: I have my old iphone which is iphone6s plus and mow i bought a new one which is iphone11. When i am trying to transfer all of my data to my new phone it only backed up. How would i know if it transferred successfully? And if did not, how to transfer all of my data to my new phone? Please send help. Thank you!"

-------

Did you Use Quick Start?: Use Quick Start to Transfer Data to a new iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Aug 10, 2023 5:12 PM in response to Newbierr

Newbierr Said:

"Hi i just did what you said. 🥺. I forcedly restart the new phone and pair it again to transfer all the data from old one. But the quick start did not appear.. huhu where did i go wrong?"

-------

Getting Quick Start to Run:

I'd say Factory Reset your new iPhone, and then perform the Quick Start: How to factory reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Transferring data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.