Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

The former owner already removed the watch from their account but it is still asking for their information.

The owner of the apple watch I bought second hand already removed the device from their account, however my watch app is still requesting their information. We are both unsure of how to connect the watch to my iphone.

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 5:48 PM

I would ask the former owner if he properly prepared the watch for sale as per: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

The former owner should ensure everything in that article has been done, as the issue you're having is a likely result.

Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2023 5:48 PM in response to RiggyBoBiggy

I would ask the former owner if he properly prepared the watch for sale as per: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

The former owner should ensure everything in that article has been done, as the issue you're having is a likely result.

Hope this helps.

The former owner already removed the watch from their account but it is still asking for their information.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.