Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Ipad unavailable

i just bought a ipad. Set a passcode. Forgot it. Now it says ipad unavailable. How to reset the ipad back to factory. I didn’t even setup apple id or anything for it. I bought from target for my business

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 10:34 PM

2 replies

Aug 11, 2023 1:31 AM in response to Dawgy2023

A forgotten or unknown iPhone/iPad passcode cannot be recovered - and neither can it be reset or modified from another device. If you see a waiting period as described, you can wait and try again to input the correct Passcode; otherwise, the iPad must be restored.

You may find this support page to be helpful:

If you see an iPhone or iPad unavailable message or Security Lockout screen - Apple Support

iOS/iPadOS 15.2 or later with a forgotten Passcode

Apple has introduced a procedure with which to reset an iPad or iPhone with a forgotten Passcode - allowing you to use your AppleID and associated Password to reset your device.

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

You will be able to restore data from a pre-existing iCloud backup without the use of a computer, but will require a PC/Mac to restore data from an iTunes backup.

iPadOS 15.1 and earlier - and all devices that are Disabled

If your iPhone/iPad indicates that it is disabled/unavailable/locked-out, or you have forgotten your iPad passcode, you have no alternative other than to follow this process:

If you’ve forgotten the passcode on your iPad, or your iPad is disabled – Apple Support

You’ll need access to either a Windows PC (with iTunes for Windows installed) or a Mac (with iTunes or Finder - as appropriate for the installed version of macOS).

Download and use iTunes for Windows – Apple Support

Update to the latest version of iTunes – Apple Support

Use of a PC or Mac is unavoidable. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store will be delighted to assist:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

AppleID

You may also need your AppleID and associated password. If these have also been forgotten, they can be recovered here:

https://iforgot.apple.com

To recover your credentials, you’ll need access to one of the following:

• Your primary email address mailbox that corresponds with your AppleID
  • Any of the secondary/recovery email addresses that should be configured for your AppleID account
  • Any of the trusted telephone numbers (fixed line or Cellular/Mobile) that are associated with your AppleID

More information about recovery of your AppleID and associated Password:

If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Ipad unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.