Messenger app

How can I download an entire text conversation on the Apple messenger app and export for printing.

if possible but not essential. With time and date.

thanks

Jack

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 10, 2023 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 12:21 AM

If you have a Mac it can be done.

The pdf document will have date and time along with all message thread.

• Enable iCloud Messages on iPhone
  • Text Message Forwarding to mac (Use Same Apple ID)
  • On Mac Open iMessage > Select the Message Thread > File > Print > Save as PDF

Please note that this process may or may not fulfill your legal requirements. It is advisable to consult with a competent lawyer to gain clarity on what can be considered admissible as evidence in a court of law.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2023 12:21 AM in response to jackP41

If you have a Mac it can be done.

The pdf document will have date and time along with all message thread.

• Enable iCloud Messages on iPhone
  • Text Message Forwarding to mac (Use Same Apple ID)
  • On Mac Open iMessage > Select the Message Thread > File > Print > Save as PDF

Please note that this process may or may not fulfill your legal requirements. It is advisable to consult with a competent lawyer to gain clarity on what can be considered admissible as evidence in a court of law.

Aug 11, 2023 12:42 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks - sadly I only have windows and an iPad and iPhone. I have finally screen snapped the whole conversation-

I was badly scammed by a so called friend whose profile was stolen for a purely messenger account . So want a record for police action. Be warned against any “ Gradient gives back “ foundations or agencies!

Messenger app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.