Fake airpods

I got a fake pair of AirPods and checked everything at first. There appears to be no problems. And it appears like a real one. I also checked the serial number. And the Apple coverage. It’s well done. But then.. something is lacking. It lacks adaptive transparency. Unfortunately, I did not recognise it at first.

I discovered it since, as I am aware, the real one is simple to connect to via iPhone and iPad. This one,however, is not! The point is, I don’t feel good about this. Apple should do more or go deeper, please. Because as a customer, I am disappointed. Why can this happen, and why can this fake airpods receive Apple coverage

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2023 8:38 AM

They list coverage because somebody used a real serial number when making the fakes. Report the incident to Apple. They may be able to flag the serial number to prevent his from happening to others (assuming others check the serial numbers before purchasing).

Click on this link for Apple products feedback links --> Product Feedback - Apple

Apple may not respond but your comment will be read.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2023 8:38 AM in response to mrusnawi

They list coverage because somebody used a real serial number when making the fakes. Report the incident to Apple. They may be able to flag the serial number to prevent his from happening to others (assuming others check the serial numbers before purchasing).

Click on this link for Apple products feedback links --> Product Feedback - Apple

Apple may not respond but your comment will be read.

Fake airpods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.